Sean M.Moore, AICP, Director of Planning
444 Oak Street - Room I
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Direct Line: (530) 527-2200
Fax: (530) 527-2655
Office Hours - 8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Welcome to the Tehama County Planning Department webpage
Our priority is to provide efficient and effective services to those we serve, citizens, business and property owners, visitors, and stakeholders.
The Planning Department serves as the land use information center for the County. For general information and Zoning requests please contact our office. The Department functions as a professional staff to the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission, and the Airport Land Use Commission. The Department disseminates information to the public regarding potential development areas for residential, commercial, industrial, and resource development and management.
The Department is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the County General Plan, the County Zone Plan, and implementation of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The Department processes development applications and permit requests for land divisions, use permits, General Plan amendments, zone changes, and variances. It also processes permits and enforces state requirements for the Surface Mining and Reclamation Act (SMARA). The Department functions as the Census Data Center for the County and disseminates information regarding population, economic, and housing characteristics and trends.
The Planning Department values your comments, suggestions and opinions. Please email the department with your comments, questions, or suggestions. You may also call or visit our office.
Documents Available for Review and Download
- • Tell us how we're doing! Take this Survey!
- • Projects Pending Report
- • Monthly Status Report
- • Tehama County Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan Negative Declaration
- • Adopted Tehama County Wind and Solar Ordinance
- • Tehama County CEQA Procedures Adopted August 18, 2015
- • Adopted Tehama County Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- • Adopted Travel Trailer and Recreational Vehicles
- • Adopted Poultry Ordinance
- • Tehama County Phase II Rezone Map
- • Tehama County Phase II Rezone APN Index Reference & Summary Link Below: